Laura E. Yelish
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Family Law (Adoption, Custody, Child Support, CPS, Divorce, Domestic Violence)
- Criminal Law (DUI, DWLS 3, Assault, Domestic Violence)
- Juvenile Dependency (Children's Attorney, Parent Defense Attorney)
- Estate Planning and Wills
Named Rising Stars in Family Law by the American Institute of Legal Advocates (2018), both Laura and Todd Yelish are experienced Family Law Attorneys who practices in all areas of Family Law, including child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support, division of property, business valuations, tracing, mediation, and family law appeals. Both Laura and Todd have experience arguing family law appeals in front of the Washington State Court of Appeals.
Laura and Todd fully understand the challenges one goes through when facing criminal charges. They have handled hundreds of cases including Anti-Harassment, Assault 4, Domestic Violence, Driving with Suspended License, Driving Under the Influence, and Violation of a No-Contact Orders issues.
Laura and Todd want to make sure you know you have an outstanding, honest and compassionate lawyer on your side who will give you their all and always give you an honest opinion of your case.
Their clients have said:
"Laura was very pleasant and made me feel at ease during a difficult time. She truly cares about helping her clients and their best interests."
"[Todd] is easy to talk to and very personable. I would recommend him and have recommended him to two friends."
"Laura was incredible she pulled off some miracles and got the courts to do the right thing I could not be happier with the outcome she is a true hero and is one of the top lawyers I've ever dealt with or seen in my lifetime! If you need the best! Get Laura!!"
"I used Todd for a Divorce and he did amazing. He fought fair and hard and the end result was very close to my goal and aspirations."
"[Todd] was committed from the beginning and did not hold back."
"Laura was exceptionally prepared, considerate with us, and tough with the opposing attorney."
When they are not practicing law, Laura and Todd enjoy cooking, traveling, and spending time with their son and their Golden Retriever.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- J.D. - 2014
- Benedictine University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2011
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science
- Washington, 2014
- Rising Star in Family Law- AAMIL
- Pubilc Service & Leadership Award
- Kitsap Legal Services Fundraising Award
- Kitsap Legal Services Award
Classes & Seminars
- Ethics Skits/ CLE, Kitsap County Bar Association, 2017
- Ethics Skits/ CLE, Kitsap County Bar Association, 2018
- Kitsap Legal Services Volunteer Attorney, 2015 to Present
- University of Washington Low Income Taxpayer Clinic Volunteer Attorney, 2014 to 2018
- Newbry Law Office, Senior Associate, 2015 to 2019
- Bishop, Cunningham & Andrews, Associate Attorney, 2014 to 2015
- WSBA, Member, 2014 to Present
- Kitsap County Bar Association, Member, Young Lawyer Trustee, 2014 to Present
- Kitsap County Young Lawyers, Member, Vice President, 2014 to Present
- Kitsap Legal Services, Board Member, 2017 to Present
Certified Legal Specialties
- Tax Law, Llm in Taxation from University of Washington, 2015